Fencing and Landscaping Team Member
We currently have a position available to join our growing business, working across the outer northern and north-eastern semi-rural areas of Melbourne, based out of Hurstbridge.
This position has the ability to work flexibly – i.e. to start after school drop-off and/or finish before school pickup.
The duties of the role are varied, and include rural and domestic fence construction, garden bed and lawn construction, equipment operation and servicing (tractors, mowers, fence post driver, boom sprayer), and lawn and garden maintenance (mowing, whipper snipping, gardening).
Nearly all of our work is outdoors and quite physically active in nature, and we work both in teams and on our own from time to time. Physical fitness, a proactive approach to solving problems, honesty and reliability are all essential.
Given the flexibility to work during school hours and school terms, the role would be a perfect fit for someone with children in school, who is looking for active work which can fit with a working parent lifestyle.
Duties and Work of the Role
For this position we are seeking someone with experience in aspects of fence construction and/or landscaping. Our primary work in this area relates to building rural fences, but we also do quite a bit of work on residential fencing and garden/lawn construction.
Duties of the role include:
- Measuring and laying out fence components
- Ensure all lines, levels and angles are accurate
- Using power tools – circular saws, grinders, drills, drivers, chainsaws, post hole diggers, star picket drivers to install fence posts, rails and wire
- Operating small tractors with fence post drivers, and other attachments
- Where required, digging holes and installing posts with tamping or concrete
- Installing fence wire and mesh, and hanging gates
- Lawn care tasks such as push mowing, whipper snipping, and ride on lawn mower operation, plus gardening tasks like pruning, weeding, hedging etc.
- General property maintenance activities.
- Driving 4WD vehicles on the road (towing trailers) and offroad when required
The Right Person for this Role
Your experience will include some or all of the following:
- Experience working in the construction of fences (rural or residential)
- Experience with landscape construction (retaining walls, garden beds, lawn areas, etc)
- Safely using and taking care of powered hand tools (i.e drill, driver, circular saw, chainsaw, grinder)
- Previous experience working in agriculture, horticulture, fencing, landscaping, or gardens/lawn maintenance, or a similar work environment
- Ability to accurately measure, lay out, install and level fence components
Your will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Reliable, punctual and hard working
- Well presented with good communication skills
- Passion for providing high level customer service and excellent work standards
- Enjoy working as part of a team, as well as unsupervised at times
- Physically fit, and enjoy active work outdoors
- Strong commitment to working carefully and safely
- Current driver’s licence, with own transport to work locations
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and approach, and we can assist with the training needed to improve their skills. Other desirable criteria include:
- Experience operating small mobile equipment such as ride-on mowers and small tractors
- Safely using and servicing garden and lawn equipment (push mowers, whipper snippers, hedgers)
- Comfortable working around large animals (horses, cows, alpacas) and dogs
- Experience towing large trailers on the road
- Experience performing general servicing and maintenance on equipment (i.e. greasing, checking oil levels, filling tyres, replacing filters)
- Chainsaw operator training
What We Offer
We believe in providing our staff with the best working environment possible, and working together to deliver great outcomes for our customers.
What we offer
- A great team environment in this growing family business
- Pay rates well above industry averages
- Varied and rewarding role, working on different projects and sites
- Opportunity to further develop your skills and complete formal training
- Flexibility in working days and hours to suit school drop-off and/or pick-up, and other parental responsibilities
- All high quality tools, equipment, work-specific training, and personal protective equipment provided
Our priorities are the health and safety of our teams and the customers we serve, and making sure each customer has an exceptional experience every time. The right person for this role will share those priorities, and our core value of caring for other people and their animals.
You will need to provide your own transport to and from the work locations. We provide reimbursement when travel to work locations is greater than 20km from Hurstbridge.
To Apply or Learn More
If you’d like to learn more about the role and have a chat with us, please send us a message on Facebook, or call Jamie on 0408 432 930.
If you’d like to apply now, please fill out the form on Facebook – CLICK HERE, or if you don’t use Facebook please use the form below.
References will need to be provided upon request, and some of our clients require both police and Working with Children checks